Church plate and metal work 

The Cathedral houses church plate, jewellery and other metalwork associated with the life and liturgy of the Cathedral, its bishops and benefactors.

Some items are of international importance, such as the Romanesque bronze sanctuary ring. The earliest church plate dates from the 17th century and the Auckland Castle plate, commissioned by Bishop Cosin, c.1660, is still used at Christmas, Easter, Whitsun and at the Petertide Ordinations.
Many items from the Cathedral's collection of church plate and metalwork are currently on display in the Great Kitchen, part of Open Treasure.